- Miss Pink Slip on Indefinite Hiatus
- Tax Tips for the Unemployed
- Miss Pink Slip’s Out-of-Work Oscars, Part Deux
- Miss Pink Slip’s Out-of-Work Oscars
- Interview Wardrobe Ideas for Spring 2010
- How to Mount an Olympic-size Campaign for Your Job Search
- “How NOT to Apologize” by Tiger Woods
- Another “Best Job in the World” Candidate: Tinsley Mortimer
- Unemployed? 20 Inexpensive Ways to Show Yourself Some Love on Valentine’s Day
- Happy (Belated) 1st Birthday, Miss Pink Slip!
- Anti-Social Development
- Ask E. Jean
- Atlanta Job Blog
- Atlanta Job Leads
- Atlanta on the Cheap
- Bargain Babe
- Bargains in Buckhead
- Betty Confidential
- Biz Tips Blog
- Blog Catalog
- Broke Ass Gourmet
- Georgia Department of Labor – Unemployment Insurance
- Girl on the Brink
- GMA Job Club with Tory Johnson
- Great Depression Cooking
- How I Got Laid Off
- I Can Bring Home the Bacon
- I Get 2 Work
- It Ain’t Easy Being Pink
- Jobless and Less
- Keppie Careers
- Laid Off Panic
- Laid-off and Looking
- Laid-off in the City
- Layoff Moveon
- Living the Map
- Nichelle Stephens
- Odd Job Nation
- Pink Magazine
- Pink Slips Are the New Black
- Recently Laid-Off
- Recession Wire
- Rock Unemployment!
- skirt! magazine
- Social Butterfly
- Stuff Unemployed People Like
- Suddenly Frugal
- Surviving the Recession
- Target Addict
- The 405 Club
- The Broke Socialite
- The Recessionista
- Unemployment Haiku Weekly
- What’s So Funny About Unemployment?
Tag Archives: Atlanta
From Jenny Jeansonne:
“As many of you know I try to help the unemployed of Atlanta as much as I can.
I host free networking happy hours once a month and post job leads.
My next happy hour is Wed Feb 17th at Tavern 99.
Please RSVP via the Evite: http://tiny.cc/ATLjobs
People can find Atlanta Job Leads at http://atlantajobleads.wordpress.com
If you are hiring or know anyone that is looking for qualified individuals – please have them email me the job description and how to apply. I will post it (for free on my blog)
My blog and networking group began in MARCH 2009 and my blog has received over 40K visits and my networking has helped over 1000 people in the Atlanta area. And none of this would be successful without your help!
Thank you so much!”
What up, Dawg? PS–I couldn’t help myself — I hate Randy Jackson’s overuse of the word. It kind of embarrasses me for him.
American Idol is in Atlanta this week, and I’m wondering just how many aspiring songsters who just so happen to be jobless are in line. Hell, if I was still looking for work and, ahem, a little bit younger, I’d be waiting for Paula and the gang. And I don’t even LIKE the show! What would be my audition song? Hmmm…maybe a lil’ Heart? Perhaps a few bars of “Jolene” by Dolly Parton? That would take some thought.
Fox Atlanta reports a registration cut-off at 8 a.m. tomorrow. The auditions begin Thursday (tomorrow), June 18.
Audition Information (also courtesy Fox 5)
“Atlanta registration for Season 9 auditions will take place on Tuesday, June 16 and Wednesday, June 17, and auditions will take place on Thursday, June 18. Both registration and auditions will take place at the Georgia Dome.
1 Georgia Dome Dr. NW
Atlanta, GA 30313
Front Of Line: Gate D Entry
Parking: Area parking at varying rates
American Idol is not responsible for any parking rates or rules”
What would be YOUR American Idol audition song?
Absolut 80′s Tuesdays! $2 drink and food menu! Need I say more? Not really, but I will anyway.
7:30 p.m. to 1:00 a.m.
Tin Lizzy’s – Grant Park
415 Memorial Drive
Every Tuesday – Features interactive ATARI games on flat panels and live retro videos
Pbr • Tin Lizzy Draft • High Life Bottles • Absolut Kamikaze • Cheese Quesadilla • Veggie Taco
Grilled Chicken Taco • Fajita Chicken Taco • Salsa Fresca & Chips • Bbq Chicken Taco
It is an AMAZING day here in Atlanta, and the Inman Park Fest is
kicking off with its annual parade (which is a sight for all senses) at 2 p.m. today. Not sure who the grand marshall is this year, but whoever it is cannot even hopt to beat 2007′s grandest of them all grand marshall, Baton Bob.
Festival goes through Sunday and is one of my favorite times of the year. Great food, art booths, jewelry designers, etc. But, the best part is, you don’t have to spend a fortune to have a fabulous time around the best neighborhood in town! I’m a little partial…
They’re free to attend, but once you get in, you’ll probably spend.
Sweetwater 420 (Earth Day) Fest hits Candler Park on Saturday beginning at noon and Sunday starting at 12:30 p.m.
Free admission for great live music, activities and Earth Day education. 21 and up can buy $5 wristband with valid ID. Beer, wine and other food and beverages will be sold. http://www.sweetwater420fest.com/
|State of Man||9:30pm -10:45pm|
|The Constellations||8:00pm -9:10pm|
|Gary Pfaff & The Heartwells||6:30pm -7:30pm|
$3.25 pitchers of PBR on Tuesday. Every Tuesday. You will probably wake up the next day feeling like your former boss is punching you in the face, but hey: it’s cheap! You’ll get over it.
Seriously, Moe’s and Joe’s is one of my all-time Atlanta favorites…even if Horace isn’t with us any longer.
Moe’s and Joe’s
1033 N. Highland Avenue NE
Atlanta, Georgia 30306
(photo: Flicker, thegrue76)
If you’re in Atlanta, head on down to the Highlands for one of the best dining/drinking deals in town!
Sundays – $1 Dos Equis (the place is usually packed and people are spilling out into the street)
Mondays – $10 All You Can Eat Tapas (you have to order off a special menu, but it’s still worth it!)
Wednesday – $3 sangria
Every Day – $5 house margaritas, $5 sangria, $3 vodka drinks, $2 Tecate
In Atlanta, the weather’s gonna be so heinous, that I was thinking it might be a good idea to invite some friends over to snuggle down and wine and dine together.
I’ve been reading about a lot of fun dinner party concepts and thought I’d share some of my own cheap-ass ideas. Some of them are tacky, but hey: We’re in a recession and everyone needs a good laugh!
- Iron Chef Showdown- Assign a “star” ingredient (e.g., cheese, chicken, chipotle, whatever!) and invite friends to bring over their own creations for a fierce taste-test competition.
- Fast Food Nation- Set up a fabulous fast food buffet that’s cheap, greasy and addictive. Everyone can bring a favorite. Place Popeye’s chicken and biscuits in a beautiful basket, take Taco Bell burritos and stack ‘em up in a baking dish. Go for it and create a huge piles of pomme frites a la McDonald’s. Provide kindergarten mats for nap time. Kidding.
- Trashy Beer Tasting- Everyone brings over a six-pack of their all-time favorite cheap suds (my personal fave is Beast Light – aka Milwaukee’s Best Light). Take turns tasting each other’s bounty. Comment on taste, smell, infusion of hops… Laugh as you gag on the nastiness. Serve tasty snacks such as Funyuns, beef jerky and bean dip. People may smirk, but secretly, they’ll be lovin’ that taste of Cool Ranch Doritos with a chaser of Keystone.
- Pantry Party- Don’t cheat on this one by stocking up (you shouldn’t be spending the money anyway!). Invite a crew over promising a fabulous dinner made only from what you have in the pantry, refrigerator, etc. You never know what you can whip up with only tuna fish, white beans and spaghetti. And if you only have a can of Chef Boyardee Ravioli, so be it. It’s all in the lurrvee.
Let me know if you try any of these! At your own risk, of course.
Got any ideas of your own? Toss ‘em our way!