I know this has nothing to do with the economy, layoffs, pink slips or surviving the recession. However, for me, TV is a very important escape tactic, so I think it’s relevant to comment on it. 🙂
I never gave “How I Met Your Mother” a snowball’s chance in hell on CBS. But, what do I know? Now it’s syndicated! And it’s on Lifetime. Which is why I’ve started watching it. And I love it! Maybe it’s because I’m sooooo tired of “Friends” re-runs, but darn it, I’m going to go ahead and say it. I think I like “How I Met Your Mother” more than “Friends”.
With that, I give you 10 Reasons I Think “HIMYM” is Better Than “Friends”. Feel free to disagree!
- They hang out in bars. I mean, c’mon: Coffee all the time? Boring! There’s a reason you don’t go to happy hour at a coffee house
- NYC apartments are shown realistically to scale
- Marshall and Lily not nearly as annoying as Ross and Rachel
- They all have real jobs
- Speaking of jobs, at least HIMYM has given Bob Saget a regular paycheck
- Jason Segel. I admit I began developing a crush on him before “I Love You, Man” released
- I hung out with people just like them when I lived in NYC and would willingly choose hang out with them again. Unlike Joey Tribbiani and Phoebe Buffay. Yes, I know they’re funny, but day after day with a guido and flighty masseuse would drive me batty
- High fives and fist bumps
- They actually ride the subway
Wait for it, wait for it…
10. Barney. ‘Nuff said (have you seen the new book, The Bro Code? Hilarious).