10 free things the jobless can do to help save the Earth:
- If you aren’t interviewing, skip a hair wash. Better yet, if you’re staying in, skip the whole shower and save water! 🙂
- Email all resumes, if possible
- Use a job search tracker online like HappyJobSearch.com instead of filling up various notepads with contact names, random notes, etc.
- Turn off the TV and read to escape (something fun–not the latest unemployment numbers)
- Leave your car in the garage and take a stress-relieving walk outside
- Join your neighborhood clean up crew
- Give your laptop a much needed “coffee break” (i.e., turn it off and unplug it when not in use)
- Volunteer some free time to an environmental organization or charity
- Hook up with your neighborhood community garden. You could come away with some awesome tomatoes or squash in the process
- Search for a Green Job: http://www.environmentalcareer.info/index.asp
Got any other ideas? Send them my way!