Some scoop from her peeps: “Molly was once out of work for two years and three days—until she finally figured out networking was the key to landing a job. She gave the popular job boards a pink slip—and then put her own job search ideas to work. The result? Molly had nearly 30 job offers in 90 days! Since then, Molly has since helped more than 2,500 people land jobs.” This gal obviously knows something.
Molly Wendell’s 7 Tips for Landing a Job in 2009
1. FIRE the job boards. Stop wasting time sitting behind the computer—it’s highly inefficient
2. Get out and meet people—network, network, network
3. Be proactive (not reactive)
4. Be specific and terrific
5. Make a great first (and lasting) impression
6. Tap into “the strength of the weak.” Those you know the least tend to provide the strongest contacts
7. Stay positive and motivated
Read more here: http://tinyurl.com/qv52v5
PS: I employed almost all of these networking tips during the course of my job search…and they work! However, I wish I’d thought about #6. That’s a good one to keep in mind. Thanks so much for telling us your secrets, Molly!