MPS is experiencing a little bit o’ heartbreak today, so I’m digging into my archives to find some advice that could apply to what I’m feeling. Because getting laid off is a heartbreak of its own, isn’t it?
After perusing my posts, I found the following two. I think they’re perfect for the sadness I’m experiencing. None of them includes a tissue or lavender eye-mask…I think. I hope they help you, too. No matter what ails you!
7 Things to Do When You’re Angry
Revisit Your Inner Kid
So, based on the advice, here’s my game plan for the week:
- Run that pissed-off feeling out of my body (well, maybe tomorrow)
- Hug my dog-daughter and play ball with her (Miss SJB, I’m on my way home!)
- Drink some (cheap) wine with my UPiC
- Watch a really cheesy movie or Sunday night’s episode of “Drop Dead Diva“. If you haven’t seen this new show and its star Brooke Elliott, both are precious and uplifting
- Read another chapter of the new “smart girl’s beach book” I bought at the Strand in NYC, Commencement
- Re-read portions of Gigi Levangie Grazer’s awesome new novel, Queen Takes King. Basically, it’s about a woman who kicks ass. Love it. BTW–Gigi is my idol
- Maybe go see “Breakfast at Tiffany’s”for the umpteenth time, but this time at the Fox Theater…with a pre-show wine tasting. Some may consider Holly Golightly a cliche heroine, but her trip to the Five-and-Dime with George Peppard’s “Fred” is enough to lift anyone’s spirits
- Check in with the ladies over at E. Jean Carroll’s Advice Vixens. Those gals will whip me into shape fast. E. Jean: Honey, if ever there was a time I needed you!
- Lie out by the pool this Saturday and recapture that glow I’m missing
- Dive into the pile of magazines I got in the mail over the weekend. Allure, O, Elle, Self, Cosmo—girls, I hope you’ve got something good for me!
Am I missing a step? What do you do to heal a bruised heart?