Like much of America, I was getting pumped for our Olympians last night. The USA beat Canada in hockey, capping off a thrilling weekend that also included medals for Bode Miller, Shani Davis, Apolo Anton Ohno and Lindsey Vonn.
What do all these athletes have in common? Determination, drive and, of course, a dream. In fact, they sound a lot like job hunters.
Here are 10 things I’ve noticed among our Olympians as they mount their quests for success. I’m thinking these elements can surely take a job search from so-so to gold medal-winning!
- Laser-like focus
- Clear strategy
- Supportive group of family and friends
- Well-planned training regiment
- Conditioned bodies and minds
- Sense of individuality
- Fun, fearless spirit
- Strong belief in miracles
- Killer iPod playlist (Kelly Clark Karaoke, anyone?)
What have YOU taken away from our Olympic idols?