You know how it feels to psyche yourself up for the big interview. You button up your crisply ironed blouse, put on that sleek lightweight wool interview skirt and jacket fresh from the cleaners, don run-free stockings and slip your feet into polished and shined black pumps. Once you’ve slung a tailored handbag over your shoulder, you’re ready to face the hiring squad head on with confidence, poise and style. There’s no way you can lose!
In the midst of all our unemployment worry, we sometimes forget there are gals on the job hunt who don’t have a dime to their name…much less an appropriate interview ensemble that makes them feel like the superstar candidate they are.
Enter Dress for Success. Their mission says it all: “The professional clothing, employment retention programs and ongoing support that we provide our clients symbolize our faith in every woman’s ability to be self-sufficient and successful in her career.”
I love this group. They want women to not only look great but also to feel confident, allowing their true personalities and talents to shine through during the interview process. What an amazing feeling it must be to send all these incredible ladies out into the world looking sharp, feeling good and ready to nab their dream jobs.
If you’re seeking professional polish and don’t have the adequate resources you need, please visit your local Dress for Success affiliate. If you’re blessed enough to have everything you need for the interview circuit, consider donating something to this worthwhile organization…whether it’s a suit or your time. They love volunteers!
See below for Dress for Success affiliate needs:
- Interview-appropriate suits and related separates (the greatest need is for items size 14 and up)
- Solid color blouses
- Shoes that are suitable for the workplace. Our clients receive brown, black or navy shoes most frequently. Please no heels higher than 3 inches and no open-toed shoes.
- Unopened hosiery
- Unused undergarments (Note: Not all locations accept such items; please check with the affiliate closest to you before making this type of donation.)
- Black tote bags, attaché bags or briefcases
- Basic professional accessories (including jewelry, scarves, belts and handbags)
- Unopened cosmetics
- Coats and outerwear (Note: Not all locations accept such items; please check with the affiliate closest to you before making this type of donation.)
For more questions, please visit: http://www.dressforsuccess.org/faqs_home.aspx#faq1