Just got mine in the mail, and I have to say, it’s a great issue. Yes, Lauren Conrad is on the cover, but I’d rather see her than floating eyes Audrina, bleached out Heidi or, worse, Spencer. Also, the cover headlines don’t convey the fun inside Cosmopolitan‘s pages. Here’s the dirt:
- Loads of stories about men: getting a man; what he’s thinking; fixing your shitty sex life; what not to discuss on a date; why he needs space; soul mates; signs he digs you; 100 straight-forward, wham-bam-thank you-ma’am answers to questions about sex–this one’s great.I know it sounds like bogging yourself down in guy land, but let’s face it: it’s Summer, dating’s a good distraction from job hunting and you don’t have to buy one of MANY $20 books about the same subjects!
- Confessions pages. Always fun. Always distracting. Always glad it’s not me
- Inexpensive, “fun fearless fashion”. Usually the clothes in Cosmo, are way cheesy, but some of the offerings are really cute! Love the Avon earrings on p. 61!
- Affordable beauty products, tips and cheap splurges
- “Fake a Spa-Perfect Pedicure”, p. 84. Those salon foot pampering sessions don’t come cheap!
- “When Fights Get Physical”, pp. 124-127. Everyone should be aware of dating violence, whether it’s happening to you or a friend
- “Feel So Freakin’ Sexy”, pp. 136-139. Just plan silly and fun
- Money saving tips
- Excerpts from 4 hot beach reads, pp.146-148
- Becoming a thrill seeker and daredevil, pp. 150-153
- Chelsea Handler’s new “Ask Chelsea” column
- Hot Sheet – Who cares about Kelly Osbourne and her ghostly boyfriend?
- Article on Lauren Conrad, pp. 28-31. Nothing new in the least
- “1 Top, 2 Ways”, p. 68. By now, if you don’t already know how to work a white t-shirt 50 different ways, you’re hopeless beyond the pages of a fashion magazine
- “One-Tone Hair or Two?”, p. 34 – Do we really need a poll to tell us it makes you look cheap?
- “Heidi’s Not So in Love”, p. 36. Again–who cares about this fame-whoring duo???
- “Why They’re Still Virgins”, p. 130-132. Once again. Do I care? These girls are all in their early 20s. Give me someone who’s 35 or 40 for a real shocker!
The Verdict: Four BIG Pink Slips. For the sheer fun and frivolity alone!