Just because you’re without a job or pinching pennies doesn’t mean you have to make like a Cratchit for the holidays!
I realize I am late to the party, but I also know lots of people have holiday events this weekend and next–including MPS. I still don’t know what (to quote my mother), “I’m gonna put on this body”, but it’s got to be something cheap or something I already have in my closet. So after thumbing through my wares, I’ve come up with five easy (read: not groundbreaking) style ideas that are sure to erase the bah-humbugs and have you eager to make out under the mistletoe and go buck-wild at your office holiday party!
- Glam up a simple outfit with a silver or gold skinny belt. J.Crew has some sassy metallics for little $$$.
- Buy some inexpensive costume jewelry to bring back to life that little black dress or silky top you’ve been wearing to death. Was floored by the fun selection I saw the other day at Old Navy. Granted, these baubles may not last forever, but at least they’ll add a lil’ bling for the night.
- Don’t forget that jeans are okay. Last year, I wore dark jeans with a cropped green velvet Mandarin collar jacket bought years ago at Loehmann’s. I added some cute earrings, black heels, and it looked adorable. http://youlookfab.com/2008/12/04/casual-holiday-parties-on-a-budget-glam-up-your-jeans/
- Target. Target. Target. Their Limited Edition line is bursting at the seams with cuteness.
- Borrow from a friend. Act like you’re living back in the dorm or the sorority house. There’s nowhere better to shop than your BFF’s closet. Just be kind and dry clean before returning.